Friday, March 9, 2012

Quiet time

It's hard to choose the first blessing.  There are so many.  But the one that stuck out in my mind today was having time to read with my 2 year old.


Since the birth of my daughter, quiet time with my son has been harder.  He has been wonderful.  He loves his sister more than I thought possible.  He never complains about one on one time being scarce.  This morning, as my daughter napped, he and I sprawled out on the floor in the playroom and read books.  We read one book after another.  As soon as one was finished, he'd get another.

This was a perfect Friday morning.  I am so thankful for the small amounts of quiet time we have together.  It makes him see that he still holds  a very special place with us, and that we have grown as a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment