Monday, March 19, 2012

Love

We heard a million times that when we had a second child, our oldest would be really jealous and start to act out.  I worried about this.  Not so much the acting out, but his feelings.

To know him is to know that he is very sensitive at 2.  He always has been.  When other kids/babies cry, he gets upset.  Our 2 day a week sitter we use (when I'm not on maternity leave) has a 1 year old she also watches who has extreme stranger anxiety.  When I come to get my little one, he is so terrified he's in tears..even though he knows me!   But when he cries, Dex cries.  

So yes, I was worried about how my sensitive little guy would handle suddenly having to give more than 50% of his Mommy's time to his sister.  He's been great.  He loves her.  He loves her dearly.  He will gently rub her head if he's near her.  He will say softly, "it's okay" if she's crying.

Today I'm grateful for the love my son has for his sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment